At Dash, our Goal is to
increase financial freedom and opportunities for everyone. We develop products
that enable payments on the blockchain and make cryptocurrency accessible for
consumers, merchants, businesses, and developers. We’ve designed a payments
platform that puts user experience first, obscures the technical complexity
underneath, and reinvents how cryptocurrency works in the future.
Dash is a cryptocurrency
originally based on the Bitcoin blockchain, augmented with additional features
focused on payments, and is one of the most recognized and accepted
We are looking for a
Database Engineer. This work will include designing improvements to our in
house database solution and implementing it.
This is an opportunity to
work with a very innovative cryptocurrency team and make an impact on the way
people interact with their money.
- Contribute to the design and development of an in
house authenticated database solution
- Contribute to the open-source development of Dash
Platform components and libraries
- Collaborate with the team in an Agile environment
to research, define, design, implement, and ship improvements and new
- Discover and eliminate bugs, race conditions.
Increase code test coverage
- Participate in the testing and deployment of new
- Contribute to developments and improvements of
our continuous integration software for our database solution
- Create benchmarks for various methods and work to
increase performance in critical areas
- Strive to find ways to improve code quality
- Work with our technical writer to explain various
functionality you will work on
- Apply creative solutions to eliminate limitations
of cryptocurrency and provide improved user experiences
- A bachelor (3-4 years of studies at the
university level) in either mathematics, computer science or any relevant
field or proof of equivalence through experience or another diploma.
- 5 years of work experience in database engineering.
- A good command of the English language.
- Master level understanding of data structures.
- Good understanding of basic cryptography.
- Ability to write code in Rust.
- 2+ years of experience writing code in Rust.
- Mathematical background (e.g. good
understanding of number theory, probability, linear and abstract algebra).
- Good communication skills.
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of the
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Your work will be open source.
Location / compensation
- This is a 100% remote position.
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and
based on experience and location
To apply for this role,
please submit an updated CV/resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com
For more information on Dash, please visit https://www.dash.org