P2p networks are at the heart of decentralized technologies and libp2p has quickly gained popularity as the goto p2p stack. At Status, we’ve successfully implemented and deployed a full fledged libp2p stack and it’s now powering the Nimbus Ethereum 2 client. The libp2p stack is also at the heart of other crucial Status projects and its usage within the organization and beyond is only going to increase.
Our implementation is written in Nim - an efficient, expressive and elegant programming language.
· Develop and lead the overall communications strategy of The Status Network
· Lead a team of any future marketing hires dedicated to specific protocols, communities and products that comprise the network.
· Develop and execute marketing strategy and campaigns for the Status network (including Nimbus, Vac and more), and evangelise the network to technical audiences.
· Develop and execute on original campaign ideas that are open, participatory, and community-centric, and fit within the open source ethos of the organization and brand.
· Manage the production of demos, tutorials, technical papers and conference presentations that demonstrate the possibilities of the Status network and grow its active community.
· Generate interest and excitement in Status through intelligent promotion and marketing our products, services and brand.
· Plan resources, and manage budgets and timelines to support key product launches with the development of the required technical content.
· Experience in, and passion for, blockchain and peer-to-peer technology.
· Experience leading marketing/communications teams within a startup environment.
· Technically-minded with some background in software development or engineering, or working with technical products.
· 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing/communications.
· Strong experience with marketing technical products to a global audience - including a successful track record of either building vibrant open source communities or bringing products to market in emerging technologies.
· A strong alignment to Our Principles
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
· Extreme focus on quality of work and a strong eye for detail.
· Experience working remotely.
· Experience working for an open source organisation.
· You identify with the Cypherpunk movement.
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!
· Work with some of the most passionate & dedicated minds in the Ethereum space. Compensation
· We ask that you’re willing to be paid in a combination of fiat and cryptocurrency.
· We’ll reward you with a competitive base salary.
· We’ll also reward you with SNT (Status Network Tokens) to give you a real stake in the success of the organisation.
· A generous budget (€2000 Euros) to choose whatever laptop you prefer.
· We provide a small allowance (up to €250 Euros per month) for a co-working space.
· Work from wherever you choose. Our contributors are a varied bunch - some work from home, some from a coworking space, some from a local cafe, others are nomads.
· We operate an open vacation policy, meaning there are no hard limits or strict rules around how much holiday you take and how you schedule it.
· We want our contributors to be healthy and take the time they need to relax and enjoy quality disconnected time away from work.
· We offer all contributors a Headspace subscription.
· Each team has a travel budget to attend conferences & team meetups of their choice.
· Once per year the whole organisation gets together to connect (so far we’ve visited Bangkok and Prague).
Note: We don’t offer traditional benefits like medical/dental insurance - we’d rather pay you well and give you the freedom to select your own benefits, on your terms.
As a team, Status is completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 85+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Follow along on Our Status
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter with the latest crypto jobs and news!